No doubt there is requests for movie identification service - with submitting moviehash you can get IMDBID with some details. Opensubtitles database was designed to support this, but only with uploaded subtitles (that means, somebody upload subtitles with moviehash and according that we can get IMDBID). Now we support "full" movie identification, that means you can insert to database moviehashes without subtitles. It can be used in media players, scripts, etc...you can read more about this in forum
- Recursive scan movie folder, try to extract imdbid from *.nfo files
- LogIn() first (anonymous user is OK)
- For movies with detected imdbid call InsertMovieHash()
- For movies with no imdbid call CheckMovieHash2() or CheckMovieHash()
pretty simple, isn't it ? :) If you can, avoid send duplicate hashes in InsertMovieHash, but if you can not, it is OK, we are removing duplicates on server side.
How to extract imdbid from *.nfo files
- First read about common structure of video files
- Scan for one *.nfo file in firectory, extract IMDBID using this regexp:
- Common links are:
There should be nice, if your application supports RAR archives.