Welcome to Oscar g2v10.1
Latest version g2v10.1 (bux-fix release) released 2008/04/02 ...
Let's face it. Searching for subtitles to your favorite movies/TV series can be a real pain in the ass. OSCAR is a tool to make your life a little easier, find your subtitle files quickly and enjoy your videos without the hassle of searching the web for the correct version, then trying to synchronize them with your video file.
OSCAR uses the [os:wiki:OSDb OSDb standard] to communicate with remote subtitle sites and search/download subtitle files matching your videos.
There are two main advantages to this approach:
- EXACT MATCHES - instead of having a lot of subtitles matched to a single movie title, you assign them directly to a video file (using a specific fast hash function). So when searching for subtitles to a specific video file you'll only get those that (according to otherusers) match your video file 100%.
- SPEED - instead of searching for subtitles on a web site, you are provided with a user-friendly application that allows easy and fast search and download of subtitles.
- quick and accurate search/download of subtitle files for your movies
- upload subtitles to help out others in need ;)
- multi-language support?
- Windows Explorer integration
- command-line parameters?
- proxy support
- IMDb support
- drag-n-drop support
- and much more ...
You can learn more about this application by browsing this Wiki or by simply downloading the application and giving it a go.
Available for the Windows 32bit platform, no Unix versions planned.
Please note that this application requires an internet connection.